The Confucius Institute Erfurt currently provides scholarships for one-academic year or one-semester at our partner university, Zhejiang University of Science and Technology (ZUST).
Applicants may be students as well as participants of the courses at a Confucius Institute, aged between 16 and 35 years, who hold a non-Chinese citizenship.
The grant of scholarships is supported by the Chinese Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban). Applicants in Erfurt will find ideal conditions in our partner university ZUST. The scholarship program includes tuition for one-academic year or one-semester. Furthermore scholarship winners will be exempt from accommodation fees on campus and will be provided with a comprehensive insurance. Additionally a monthly rate of 2,500 RMB will be granted for the students.
Applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Scholarship for one-semester:
Applicants must have achieved a score of at least 120 on the HSK Level 2, and a score of at least 40 on the HSK Oral Exam (beginner level) OR a score of at least 100 on BCT (A) and a score of 120 on the BCT (Spoken Chinese)
- Scholarship for one-academic year:
Applicants must have achieved a score of at least 180 on the HSK Level 3, and a score of at least 60 on the HSK Oral Exam (beginner level) OR a score of at least 180 on BCT (A) and a score of 180 on the BCT (Spoken Chinese)
Students at Confucius Institutes and Confucius Institute Classrooms with outstanding performance and excellent test results as well as winners of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competition and outstanding examinees of the HSK and HSKK will be preferred.
You are welcome to contact our Institute in person or by phone to inform yourself about HSK and HSKK tests, our partner university ZUST and the Confucius Institute Scholarship.
For application, please log onto the Confucius Institute Scholarship website http://cis.chinese.cn, create an account and complete the Application Form.
Application deadline: June 24th, 2017.
Applicants need to provide the following documents:
1. Scanned copy of the passport
2. Copy of the score reports of the HSK and HSKK or BCT and BCT (Speaking)
3. Copy of the highest completed level of education or certificate of enrolment (certified translation, unless there is an English or Chinese certificate)
4. Recommendation letter
5. Applicants under the age of 18: confirmation of the legal guardian about the transfer of legal duty of supervision to an entrusted legal guardian in China
6. Winners of the “Chinese Bridge” Proficiency Competition:
Winners of the China-Finals: award certificate from Hanban
Winners of the Germany-Finals: award certificate and reference letter from the organizer of the competition
7. Additional documents required from the partner Universities
Important information for scholarship students:
• The score reports of the HSK, HSKK and BCT are only valid for 2 years.
• The name in the application form must be identical to the name in the passport. All required application documents have to be submitted. Otherwise the application cannot be considered.
• Scholarship winners who cannot register with the university on time because of personal reasons should inform the university about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled. They also loose right to apply for any future Confucius Institute Scholarship.
• The Scholarship students must be in good health. They will take a medical examination in China.
Your contact person: LIN Qiang